Like the idea of inspiring and leading young people to achieve things they never thought possible?
Hertfordshire Constabulary have Police cadet groups across the county, an exciting opportunity has arisen at our Broxbourne, Welwyn/Hatfield and Bishop Stortford groups. We are looking for a number of volunteers. So why not become a Volunteer Police Cadet Leader, Working with 14 – 18 year olds.
Are you able to commit to assisting Broxbourne, Welwyn/Hatifeld on a Tuesday evening or Bishops Stortford on a Wednesday evening?
Cadet leaders can also support some weekend events across the county assisting the cadets.
We are looking for someone with the following qualities:-
• Has an energy and enthusiasm to support our current Cadet Leaders to deliver the National Cadet Curriculum.
• Is happy to devise and deliver lessons / scenarios in a fun & practical way.
• Policing knowledge is desirable but not essential
• Who is committed to developing young people’s skills?
• Has good interpersonal skills
• A genuine interest in the ethos of volunteering.
• Be able to work in a small dynamic team.
The Volunteer Scheme welcomes applications from across the county and will reimburse travelling expenses up to 15 miles from the volunteering location and will offer any appropriate training in safeguarding, first aid etc.