Operational Planning Department plan and resource all Policing Operations within the Force and assist other Forces in supporting their Operations. We also arrange and deliver training in specialist skills such as Public Order, CBRN (Chemical Biological, Radiological and Nuclear protection) and Emergency Planning. As a volunteer based within Operational Planning you will help support the unit and enhance the service they already provide, the support that you provide will in turn increase the time our officers spend on operational duties.
What does this activity involve?
• Undertaking routine maintenance checks on specialist equipment, for which training will be provided.
• Creating and maintaining an inventory document of equipment and machinery.
• Cleaning and carrying out minor checks on police vehicles on a regular basis (oil, tyre pressures etc.) which will be supplementary to checks that are already in place.
• Maintaining inventories for vehicle equipment and completing the inventory form.
• Reporting damage/loss of equipment and maintaining the required standards.
• Using IT applications such as Microsoft packages to create and maintain an inventory database.
– Knowledge and experience of the maintenance and repair of equipment.
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– Basic IT Skills
– Good organisational skills
– Previous experience of working / volunteering in a confidential environment
– A level of physical ability in order to carry out the role safely
What training and support you will receive:
You will take part in an induction to help you understand your role and how the Force works.
You will also be given training on the use of all of the equipment by trained Officers within the unit.
Location: Force Headquarters, Ripley.
Core Hours: This is a flexible role and hours (in amount and when) are subject to local agreement.