Derbyshire Constabulary CID Departments in Ripley / Chesterfield and Buxton are looking for three enthusiastic volunteers to assist with preventing and detecting crime and assist in providing a high quality policing service to everyone in Derbyshire.
What does this activity involve?
– Assist in the review of burglary reports
– Promoting crime prevention in high risk areas
– Open Source research on social media and popular selling sites
– Visit businesses with regards to raising awareness in respect of stolen goods and crime prevention
– Update and maintain spreadsheets and databases as required
– Enthusiasm and dedication to assist in the detection and prevention of crime
– Good communication skills both verbally and in writing with good attention to detail.
– Good IT Skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
– Confidence with IT with the ability to learn new system (for which training will be provided)
– Good organisational skills and the ability to plan own time effectively
– Ability to use street maps and plans
– Must have the ability to assist in the carrying of equipment and stand for potentially long periods of time.
– The ability to engage with members of the public confidently
What training and support you will receive:
You will take part in an induction to help you understand your role and how the Force works.
You will also be given training on the use of specialist IT products.
Location: Ripley, Buxton, Chesterfield. (Please specify preferred location on your application form)