This is a fascinating and intensely rewarding area of voluntary work; giving you the opportunity to make a real difference to people of North Yorkshire at a very difficult time in their lives.
Community Connectors aim to deliver support flexibly and responsively to isolated and vulnerable people whatever their age, or circumstances. Support may include supporting them in trying new activities that meet their hobbies and interests, and supporting people to with personal and social development. We believe that building peoples social networks has a positive impact on their health and well-being.
Our approach emphasises the importance of mutual support, and respect, to people who are unlikely to receive any other support; who without our input are left feeling frustrated, disillusioned and vulnerable.
Tasks may include:
• To complete the Community Connector training programme
• To meet with referrals with another Community Connector to support them into local activities or groups in a safe environment
• Provide companionship and a listening ear
• To be a positive role model
• Supporting the development of referees hobbies and interests
• To referral back to CSH/North Yorkshire Police where concerned about increased need for support
• Nurture better relationships with family