This is an exciting volunteering opportunity that has recently been created.
The volunteer role is to enable a more proactive approach to seeking Communications and Engagement opportunities for prevention & early Intervention messaging.
The time commitment is flexible to meet the needs of the department and the availability of the volunteer.
The Constabulary are looking for a volunteer with good communication skills who would: –
- Seek out opportunities for proactive communications in relation to prevention and early intervention work conducted by Community Harm Reduction Team (CHRT).
- Fully utilise project websites and social media to increase public awareness of prevention & early intervention work
- Prepare proactive press releases about CHRT activity for submission to the Force Press Office
- Research Communications and Engagement opportunities for CHRT by using open sources plus new & existing partnerships
- support the development and assist in the implementation of a proactive Comms and Engagement plan on behalf of CHRT
- Good Communication Skills, both verbally and in writing
- Graphic/web design skills, including website design, development, authoring, maintenance & content management techniques
- Fluent in the use and development of all current and emerging digital media platforms (e.g. twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp etc)
- Experience using WordPress
- Microsoft Office
The volunteer will need to attend Police HQ in Quedgeley for some initial training, but many elements of the role can be undertaken whilst working from home. Necessary equipment will be provided.
If you are interested in this role, or would like more information about it, please email: email@example.com