Derbyshire Constabulary UAV Unit is a force wide specialist resource based at Ripley within the Operational Support Team. The unit is able to obtain aerial imagery of scenes (RTC, crime, Ops planning etc.). They can be used to assist the policing of events and gatherings, protests, festivals etc and are capable of providing on the ground video to event commanders.
What does this activity involve?
- To act as a competent observer during drone deployments, to be vigilant and inform of what is going on around the vicinity.
- Assist in conducting pre and on-site deployment surveys.
- Associated administration tasks
- Day to day maintenance of the Force UAV’s and associated equipment.
- A keen interest in UAV Operations
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing with good attention to detail.
- Good IT Skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good organisational skills and the ability to plan own time effectively
- Ability to use street maps and plans
- Must have the ability to assist in the carrying of equipment and stand for potentially long periods of time.
What training and support you will receive:
You will take part in an induction to help you understand your role and how the Force works.
You will also be given training on the use of all of the equipment by trained Officers within the unit.
Core Hours: This is a flexible role and hours (in amount and when) are subject to local agreement.