To provide support to the Volunteers Support Team and the local command team in respect of the retention and liaison of Police Support Volunteers within a designated area and act as a local point of contact.
To liaise with volunteers within a section, providing some support, contact regarding updates in the section and understanding the roles performed by volunteers.
To keep in contact with the local command team and the Volunteers Support Team with any updates.
To give perspective and offer feedback on Neighbourhood Policing Team volunteer role duties being performed within the section and help ensure volunteers welfare are looked after.
To provide support to Police Support Volunteers and to understand the roles in a section.
To keep communication open, allowing both teams to keep informed and to ensure that tasks being delegated are within the role.
To provide further support to all Dorset Police Support Volunteers. Ensure that volunteers are valued and Good Practice is being shared.
Knowledge & Skills
– Good communication and interpersonal skills, including a confident telephone manner.
– Attention to detail, particularly spelling and grammar.
– Integrity, reliability and self-discipline
– Ability to plan and prioritise.
– Good IT skills.
– Full Driving Licence
– Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision.
– Able to provide opinion on matters.