We need support in transporting young people taking part in the Aston Project activities, this would be in the form of driving a mini-bus, MPV or standard car, collecting and returning young people to their homes locally. Transport will be provided.
The role does not involve the running of or participation in activities as this is delivered through a bespoke Aston Project volunteering scheme.
This is a very exciting and rewarding role, giving you the opportunity to make a very real difference to the lives of young people from your community.
No set time commitment is required – just whatever you are able and willing to offer to support young people in Gloucestershire.
The more people who are able to support the project, the more young people will benefit from its work.
- Full driving licence
- Good communication skills
- High level of empathy with young people
We are currently seeking support in Cheltenham, Gloucester, Tewkesbury and Newent areas.
If you feel you have something to offer the young people involved with the Aston Project, apply to become a volunteer. Applicants will need to complete:
- a short online application
- an application for a DBS check (FREE OF CHARGE)
- an application for Vetting (FREE OF CHARGE)
- GCSB approved ‘Safeguarding Children’ online training (FREE OF CHARGE)
- MiDAS training where necessary.
In return, the project will provide volunteers with a point of contact who will welcome you to the Aston Project team and fully support you through the application process and your subsequent volunteering activity.
Our approach to Safeguarding
We take the protection of the young people we work with very seriously. Therefore, we are sure you will understand that there are a couple of things we would like you to be aware of before you sign up to support us.
When completing your application you will need to have the details of two people who are willing to act as a character reference for you, in order to submit your application.
DBS, Vetting & Safeguarding
Once you have submitted your application, we will expect you to;
– complete a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, (free of charge), along with a Vetting application (free of charge) and
– complete a short online safeguarding course (free of charge).
– undertake relevant training where necessary, for example MiDAS training (Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme) – free of charge.
In return we will allocate you a member of staff to support you with this and any costs involved will be covered by the Aston Project.
Providing that you share our commitment to protecting our young people, then we very much look forward to receiving your application.
You can complete the online application form via the Aston Project website, or you can get in touch on the contact details below if you would simply like to find out more.
- 01452 907252 / 907248