We are looking for volunteers to assist in running Cadet weekly sessions and supporting Cadets at events and community activities in Reading and inspire them to participate positively in their communities. Cadets come from diverse communities and will include those vulnerable to crime or social exclusion.
Sessions are run on a Wednesday evening in Reading and then community events on occasional weekends. Good interpersonal skills are required and a desire to help mentor and support young people. Volunteers need to be over 18 years old.
– Assist in the management of weekly Cadet meetings
– Delivery of pre-planned lessons if required
– Assist in the collection of subscriptions
– Administration of Cadet off site visits
– Support Cadet’s involvement in community initiatives
– Record Keeping
– Management of recognition and awards
– Assist in the management of recruitment including interviewing applicants and exit interviews
– Enforcement of Cadet discipline code
Multiple locations available including: Reading, Windsor, Maidenhead, Slough, High Wycombe, West Berkshire, Witney, Banbury, Bicester, Abingdon)
If you have approximately four hours to spare each week then please complete the online application form.
If you have any queries on completing the application form, please contact People Services Recruitment Department on 0845 2 66 66 77, quoting reference 14554.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Friday 30th November 2018.
Please note this vacancy may be removed prior to the closing date if sufficient applications are received.