Lincolnshire Police is pioneering the role of Volunteer PCSO and is looking for people who would like the opportunity to do the PCSO role on a voluntary basis. It is a uniformed volunteer policing position and VPCSOs will be expected to spend the majority of their voluntary hours on patrol in local communities, dealing with local issues.
Tasks will include:
• Taking an active part in the community by building and maintaining positive community relations through engagement and consultation.
• Providing a visible presence in local communities by supporting policing operations and providing reassurance to members of the public.
• Working with police officers, PCSOs and other police staff on policing priorities and dealing with minor incidents, crime enquiries and anti-social behaviour
• Providing advice and reassurance to victims and witnesses of crime.
• Attending court and other hearings and providing evidence as required
• Maintaining and developing contacts within the community in order to gain information and intelligence